This blog chronicles the importance of and efforts to return to Mother Earth in spirit and in body. This journey is not one of primitivism or reenactment of an earlier age. It's hope is to inspire me to find the middle ground between necessities of the 21st Century, the need to find a simpler way of life, and our ethical responsibility to protect the land and preserve our natural resources.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Nature as Scripture [COMMAND-Z]

I received more than a dozen angry comments from bloggers "indicating" their "displeasure" [my quotation marks] at the "Nature as scripture" post. Oops. Inadvertently, I've managed to raise the hackles of a few members of a group calling itself "Jesus is the Father." Thanks guys, I guess I've learned my online lesson. I did wander a little off the path into territory better left to scholars, experts, and divinity students from Texas.

But, for the record, you might want to review the family tree. In my recollection (oh, and I looked it up for you), the Bible indicates that Jesus is not the Father. Pentecostals may argue that a person can be both a father and a son (and a husband) at the same time. While this may be true in technicality, such a person is never a father, a son (and husband) to the same person.

Or, you may believe a different interpretation. That's fine with me. But, if you want to post comments, (and that's OK with me, too), please refrain from using language that might be difficult to reconcile when you run into Saint Peter. (Contrary to popular belief, Peter is not the patron saint of people who throw stones and live in glass houses.) See below.

"But if I do judge, my decisions are right, because I am not alone. I stand with the Father, who sent me. In your own Law it is written that the testimony of two men is valid. I am one who testifies for myself; my other witness is the Father, who sent me." Then they asked him, "Where is your father?" "You do not know me or my Father," Jesus replied. "If you knew me, you would know my Father also." (John 8:16-19)

"What about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, "I am God's Son" (John 10:36)

If I had not done among them what no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. But now they have seen these miracles, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. (John 15:24)

If you want to read the original post, email me and I might send it to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home