This blog chronicles the importance of and efforts to return to Mother Earth in spirit and in body. This journey is not one of primitivism or reenactment of an earlier age. It's hope is to inspire me to find the middle ground between necessities of the 21st Century, the need to find a simpler way of life, and our ethical responsibility to protect the land and preserve our natural resources.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Pioneering speculation

"Imagination is the 'pioneering speculation' in and about the process of art-creation which acts to bring enlivening impulses and animation into [art-creation]."
—Eliel Saarinen
[Senior Saarinen to Eero, the architect of Dulles Airport, Chantilly, VA (1958-1962), Gateway Arch, St. Louis, MO (competition 1947, construction 1961-1966), and others]
Blog note
Yesterday I received an email from my dad. He has sent me his copy of Walden with his study notations. I read a copy from the public library, so I look forward to having it on my shelf to reference. I suspect that his notes are worth a great deal more than the price of the book.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Wednesday, July 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

Thursday, July 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home