This blog chronicles the importance of and efforts to return to Mother Earth in spirit and in body. This journey is not one of primitivism or reenactment of an earlier age. It's hope is to inspire me to find the middle ground between necessities of the 21st Century, the need to find a simpler way of life, and our ethical responsibility to protect the land and preserve our natural resources.

Friday, August 07, 2009

Each to live by his own hammer


“I would not have any one adopt my mode of living on any account; for beside that before he has fairly learned it I may have found out another for myself, I desire that there may be as many different persons in the world as possible; but I would have each one be very careful to find out and pursue his own way, and not his father’s or his mother’s or his neighbor’s instead.” — Henry D. Thoreau, Walden
After a week’s hiatus, I’m back in the mood to blog. I have struggled with the lack of interest found in the concept of living in a cabin. Of course, it’s not for everyone. However it seemed realistic that there would be a few I knew who would find it invigorating.

“ . . . The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready, and it may be a long time before they get off.” — Henry D. Thoreau, Walden
If I have a companion if and when the time comes to consider a cabin seriously, it is essential that the decision and the cabin and its amenities be a colaboration. By necessity, it will be a choice by me, by anyone. Perhaps I will be lucky enough to find the right person with which to experience life in the cabin.

4 Comments:

Blogger cabinbabe said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thursday, August 10, 2006  
Anonymous borgwoman said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thursday, August 10, 2006  
Blogger cabinbabe said...

Administrator, why were comments deleted? There were no profanities or anything offensive, as I recall. Please explain.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006  
Anonymous borgwoman said...

I didn't think I offended anybody.
Sorry if I did.

Hope you are okay and will post something soon.

Sunday, August 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home