This blog chronicles the importance of and efforts to return to Mother Earth in spirit and in body. This journey is not one of primitivism or reenactment of an earlier age. It's hope is to inspire me to find the middle ground between necessities of the 21st Century, the need to find a simpler way of life, and our ethical responsibility to protect the land and preserve our natural resources.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Cabin fever

I believe that the real reason I need a cabin is to heal or strengthen my soul. Civilization and my own biology crashed at my doorstep early in life when I was just stepping out. It is time to make amends with the world on terms that are consistent with nature. Then I can learn to love and live among nature and other people in a way from which I have felt robbed.

It is hard to believe, but I've used the word "soul" in two entries within a couple of weeks. It is not my intention for this vehicle to become a blather of self-diagnosed, new-age remedies or of arm-chair psychology more than not found on My Space. For that matter, that fact that I have mentioned my soul at all is a disgrace to the many who suffer soul-wrenching problems and those who help them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home